WinSystems is prepping an industrial PC with a 1.91GHz, quad-core Atom E3845, industrial temperature support, dual displays, and numerous boot options.
The Linux-ready SYS-405Q is sold principally with the quad-core Atom E3845, but is also available with a 1.75GHz Atom E3827 or single-core 1.46GHz Atom E3815. There have been dozens of computer-on-modules and single board computers built around the 22nm Atom E3800, but the SYS-405Q is the first industrial computer we’ve seen based on the platform. We expect to see many more.
The SYS-405Q is based on an unnamed COM Express Type 6 module. A WinSystems SBC35-CC405 SBC uses the Atom E3800 (Bay-Trail-I), but the company lists no COMs on its site.
(click image to enlarge)
All three Atom SoCs provide Intel VT-x virtualization and Intel Gen 7 Graphics, although on the E3815, the graphics run at 400MHz instead of 542MHz to 792MHz for the other two models. Each of the three computers is available with 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB of DDR3L SDRAM.
The fanless, long-term availability SYS-405Q provides an industrial (-40 to 85°C) temperature range and rigid aluminum alloy enclosure. The housing is said to feature a rigid base plate thermal solution that protects the PCB assembly from shock and vibration. The 8.0 x 5.0 x 2.5-inch computer provides a wide-range +10V to +50V DC supply, and typically runs at 8.75 Watts with the quad-core E3845, or 7.5W on the E3827, and 7W on the E3815, claims WinSystems.
(click image to enlarge)
Two simultaneously active displays are available via the 18/24-bit LVDS, VGA, and DisplayPort 1.1 interfaces, says WinSystems. The computer can boot from its SATA 2.0 interface, as well as optional SSDs running from the mSATA and CFAST sockets. The SSDs can be purchased with Linux, Windows Embedded Standard 7, or Windows 7 Pro images pre-installed.
The SYS-405Q’s USB 3.0 port and three USB 2.0 ports provide yet another boot option, along with a remote boot option available on the dual gigabit Ethernet ports. The GbE ports also feature IEEE 1588 time-stamping and IEEE 802.Qav Audio-Video Bridging. Dual RS-232/422/485 ports and audio I/O are supplied, and you get a pair of Mini-PCIe slots and a 1060 expansion connector for expansion.
Specifications listed for the SYS-405Q include:
- Processor — Intel Atom E3845, E3827, or E3815 (4x, 2x, or 1x x86 cores @ 1.91GHz, 1.75GHz, or 1.45GHz, respectively)
- Memory — 2GB, 4GB, or 8GB DDR3L 1066/1333 SDRAM
- SATA 2.0 interface
- CFast socket
- mSATA socket (via Mini-PCIe)
- VGA, up to 2560×1536 at 24-bit
- DisplayPort 1.1
- LVDS, 18- or 24-bit
- 2x gigabit Ethernet ports (Intel I210)
- IEEE 1588 time-stamping
- IEEE 802.Qav Audio-Video Bridging
- Remote boot
- Other I/O:
- USB 3.0 port
- 3x USB 2.0 ports
- 2x RS-232/422/485 ports (16C550) at up to 20Mbps
- 3.5mm HD audio (7.1 Surround) line-in, line-out, mic
- Expansion — 2x Mini-PCIe half- and full-length slots (1x supports mSATA); IO60 bus (SPI, I2C, PWM, UART)
- Other features — Watchdog
- Power supply — +10 to +50V DC input; APM support; optional external 3.6V 1650mAh or 2700mAh battery
- Power consumption – 8.75W typical, 12W max (with E3845); 7.5W typical, 10W max (with E3827); 7W typical, 9W max (with E3815)
- Operating temperature — -40 to 85°C
- Dimensions — 203.2 x 127 x 63.5mm (8.0 x 5.0 x 2.5 in.)
- Weight — 1.2 k (2.65 lbs)
- Operating system — Images available for Linux, Windows Embedded Standard 7, and Windows 7 Pro; DOS and x86-ready RTOS also supported
The SYS-405Q with an Atom E3845 will be available later this month with 2GB of RAM for $599 in OEM quantities. Single- and dual-core models will also be available on demand. More information may be found at the WinSystems SYS-405Q product page.