March Networks has released a new family of high-performance network video recorders (NVRs), which feature an embedded Linux operating system. The 8000 Series NVRs are aimed at video surveillance, license plate recognition, access control, ATM, and other applications requiring secure, reliable, high-definition video monitoring and storage.
“To ensure video is not lost, the 8000 Series incorporates an embedded Linux operating system, an internal backup battery, real-time health monitoring, and additional security features that protect data and safeguard hardware functionality during unexpected power losses,” says the company.
8000 Series NVR controls and connections
Depending on model, the 8000 Series NVRs support up to 32 IP cameras, or hybrid configurations with up to 16 analog cameras. The NVRs’ optimized H.264 video compression technology is said to provide HD video recordings having “noticeably sharper images” using legacy analog cameras, without increasing storage requirements.
Key features of the 800 Series NVRs, as listed by the company include:
- Embedded Linux operating system
- Up to 12GB internal storage
- 16- and 32-channel models with up to 30fps recording
- Support for hybrid analog and IP, or full IP video networking
- Multi-level H.264 encoding
- Sophisticated, configurable recording policies based on schedule, motion, analytics, etc.
- Real-time health monitoring of cameras, recorders, and video network
- Network policies for bandwidth protection
- Local display of both analog and IP cameras (HDMI and composite video)
- Local control
- Optional video analytics
- Rack-mount and stack-mount options
- -5 to +40 deg. C operating temp.; -40 to +70 deg. C storage temp.
The 8000 Series NVRs interface with third-party applications such as point-of-sale, ATM, teller, license plate recognition, and access control.
The devices can be managed by means of the browser-based March Networks Command client, or via the company’s Visual Intelligence (R5) software (shown below).
NVR management app screenshots
A QR code on each 800 Series NVR’s front panel, in conjunction with the company’s smartphone app, provides immediate access to product information, warranty status, express repair processing, and troubleshooting support.
Further information may be found here.