Seco is prepping a tiny, Linux-friendly, μQseven module for IoT with a single- or dual-core Intel Atom E3800 or Celeron SoC, and three PCIe lanes.
Seco’s μQ7-BT-J uses the same half-size, 70 x 40mm μQseven form factor adopted by its earlier µQ7-T30, µQ7-i.MX6, and µq7-OMAP5 computer-on-modules. This is the first μQseven module we’ve seen with an Intel Atom E3800, although there have been several full-sized (70 x 70mm) Qseven COMs that have tapped the 22nm SoC, including Avalue’s EQM-BYT and Arbor’s EmQ-i2301.
(click image to enlarge)
The Seco μQ7-BT-J runs Linux or Windows on a single-core Atom E3815, dual-core Atom E3825, or dual-core Celeron N2807. The module is touted as “the smallest Intel 64-bit SoC-based standard module on the market” and billed as a cost-effective “industrial Internet of Things basic building block.”
The tiny, SODIMM-style module ships with up to 4GB soldered DDR3L RAM, as well as optional soldered eMMC flash at up to 16GB. Dual display support is available via the Qseven edge-connector’s DisplayPort and LVDS connections.
The module supports a gigabit Ethernet port, as well as one USB 3.0 port and four USB 2.0 ports. There’s also HD audio, SD and SATA storage, and three PCIe expansion interfaces
Specifications listed for the μQ7-BT-J include:
- Processor — Intel Atom “Bay Trail” with Intel HD Graphics Gen. 7:
- Atom E3815 (1x cores @ 1.46GHz); 512KB cache; 5W TDP
- Atom E3825 (2x cores @ 1.33GHz); 1MB cache; 6W TDP
- Celeron N2807 (2x cores @ 1.58GHz); 1MB cache; 4.3W TDP
- Memory – Up to 4GB soldered DDR3L RAM; optional soldered eMMC flash up to 16GB
- DisplayPort ++ at up to 2560 x 1600 @60Hz
- LVDS 18/24-bit, single/dual-channel, up to 1920 x 1200 @60Hz
- Dual independent displays
- Networking — Gigabit Ethernet port (Realtek RTL811G)
- Other I/O (via SODIMM connector):
- USB 3.0
- 4x USB 2.0 host (one shared with USB 3.0)
- 4-bit SD
- 2x SATA
- HD audio link
- I2C, SMBus, LPC Bus
- Expansion — 3x PCIe x1 Gen. 2
- Other features — Watchdog
- Power — 5V; optional +V_SB; power and fan management
- Operating temperature — 0 to 60°C
- Dimensions — 70 x 40mm; μQseven 2.0 form factor
- Operating system – Linux; Windows 7/8, WES7/8, WEC7
No pricing is available for the “coming soon” μQ7-BT-J module. More information may be found at Seco’s μQ7-BT-J product page.