DFI has introduced a 4th Generation Intel Core based Mini-ITX board, with a choice of CPUs and power inputs, plus PCIe, Mini-PCIe, and LPC expansion.
DFI’s three “Haswell” Mini-ITX single-board computer models — the HM100-QM87, HM101-QM87, and HM103-QM87 — are essentially the same except for their power input options. The company followed a similar strategy with its recent BT160 and BT161 Mini-ITX boards based on the Intel Atom E3800. The HM100-QM87 offers 24-pin ATX power, while the HM101-QM87 defaults to 12V DC-in, with optional 4-pin ATX. The HM103-QM87 offers wide-range 13~24V DC-in power.
All three boards give you a choice of Intel’s 4th Generation Haswell Core processors and the Intel QM87 chipset, with options presumably ranging from a dual-core, 2.4GHz Core i3 chip to a quad-core, 2.4GHz Core i7 CPU. Expected applications for the boards include gaming, medical, industrial control automation, security and surveillance, smart grid , ATM, and POS equipment, says DFI. Only Windows OS support is specifically listed, but Linux should run with no problem.
The 6.7 x 6.7-inch HM10x-QM87 supports up to 16GB of DDR3L RAM, and offers HDMI and DVI-I ports on the coastline. DisplayPort and LVDS interfaces are also onboard.
HM103-QM87 port detail
(click image to enlarge)
Other coastline ports include dual gigabit Ethernet, dual serial, dual USB 3.0, and dual USB 2.0 ports. Two more internal USB 2.0/1.1 connectors support up to four more USB ports for a total of eight.
Audio line-in, line-out, and mic-in jacks are also supplied along with an internal S/PDIF interface. There are also two onboard SATA 3.0 interfaces.
HM10x-QM87 block diagram
The HM10x-QM87 lacks the company’s EXC and DFI Proprietary Extension Bus expansion options of the Atom 3800 based BT16x Mini-ITX boards, but it still offers a PCI-Express x16 slot and a Mini-PCIe slot. Like the BT16x, the HM10x-QM87 also provides an LPC connector that supports optional LPC expansion modules supplying various combinations of parallel and serial ports (pictured below).
LPC expansion modules
(click image to enlarge)
Specifications listed for the HM10x-QM87 include:
- Processor — Intel 4th Gen. Core processors; Intel HD Graphics 4600; Intel QM87 Express chipset
- Memory — up to 16GB DDR3L 1333/1600MHz RAM, via 2x 204-pin SODIMMs
- Storage — 2x SATA 3.0 interfaces (6Gbps), 1x with SATA DOM support; AHCI controller; RAID 0/1 support
- HDMI port, at up to 4096 x 2304 @ 24Hz or 2560 x 1600 @ 60Hz
- DVI-I port at up to 1920 x 1200 @ 60Hz
- DisplayPort connector at up to 3840 x 2160 @ 60Hz
- LVDS connector at up to 1920 x 1200, 24-bit dual-channel, inverter power and panel connectors
- DirectX 11.1, DirextX DXVA, OpenGL 3.2, OpenCL 1.1, Intel Clear Video
- Networking — 2x gigabit Ethernet ports (Intel I210 PCIe and Intel I217LM with iAMT 9.0)
- Other I/O:
- 2x USB 3.0 ports
- 2x USB 2.0 ports
- 2x USB 2.0/1.1 connectors for 4x ports
- 2x RS232 ports
- Audio line-in, line-out, mic-in jacks
- S/PDIF connector
- DIO (4x in, 4x out)
- PCIe x16 slot
- Mini-PCIe slot, supporting USB, PCIe, mSATA; supports half-size card
- LPC connector with optional modules:
- EXT-6C1PR (parallel, 6x COM)
- EXT-4C1PR (parallel, 4x COM)
- EXT-2C1PR (parallel, 2x COM)
- Other features — TPM (optional); watchdog timer; 2x fan connectors; temp. and CPU monitoring; Wake-on support
- Operating temperature — 0 to 60°C
- 24-pin ATX (HM100-QM87)
- 12V DC-in, optional 4-pin ATX (HM101-QM87)
- 13~24V DC-in (HM103-QM87)
- RTC timer
- AC power failure recovery
- VCORE/12V/5V/DDR voltage monitoring with failure alarm
- Dimensions – 170 x 170mm (Mini-ITX)
- Operating system – Windows 8/7/XP
The HM100-QM87, HM101-QM87, and HM103-QM87 Mini-ITX boards appear to be available now, at an unstated price. More information may be found at the virtually identical HM100-QM87, HM101-QM87, and HM103-QM87 product pages, respectively.