Axiomtek announced a rugged, Linux-friendly box PC based on a quad-core 2GHz Celeron SoC, and featuring multiple display outputs, serial ports, and PCI slots.
The eBOX638-840-FL runs on the quad-core Intel Celeron J1900 processor of the latest Bay Trail-D associated with the Atom E3800 (Bay Trail I) line of SoCs. At 9.05 x 7.56 x 5.14 inches, it’s much larger than Axiomtek’s Atom E3845 based eBOX620-841-FL computer. This is primarily due to the availability of two full-sized PCI slots. There’s also an internal mini-PCIe slot for additional expansion.
(click images to enlarge)
The eBOX638-840-FL supports -10 to 55°C operating temperatures, and offers vibration resistance and an IP30-rated aluminum case. Applications are said to include passenger information systems, in-vehicle PCs, entry-level gaming, video surveillance, and various automation tasks.
You can load up to 8GB of DDR3L RAM on the device. There’s also an mSATA socket and a SATA port for 2.5-inch drives. The computer ships with dual gigabit Ethernet ports, plus optional WiFi or 3G.
eBOX638-840-FL detail view
(click image to enlarge)
The eBOX638-840-FL is notable for offering six serial ports. Additional I/O includes four USB 2.0 ports, one internal USB 3.0 interface, a PS/2 port, and audio I/O. Dual displays are supported when using both the VGA and HDMI ports.
The system has a wide-range, 16VDC to 28VDC power supply, and runs on a maximum of 10 Watts, says Axiomtek. The eBOX638-840-FL can also “dynamically increase the processor’s frequency to accommodate a burst of speed when users need it, and increased energy efficiency when they don’t,” says the company.
Specifications listed for the eBOX638-840-FL include:
- Processor — Intel Celeron J1900 (4x Bay Trail-D cores @ 2.0GHz); Intel HD Graphics
- Memory — up to 8GB DDR3L 1066/1333 SDRAM via 1x SODIMM
- SATA 2.0, 2.5-inch HDD drive bay
- Optional SATA HDDs (80GB+) or SSDs (40GB+)
- mSATA socket with optional storage starting at 512MB
- Display — VGA port; HDMI port; dual display support
- Networking — 2x gigabit Ethernet ports
- Other I/O:
- 4x USB 2.0 ports
- Internal USB 3.0 header
- 6x RS-232 ports
- Audio mic-in, line-out
- Expansion — Mini-PCIe slot (full-length) with mSATA; 2x 32-bit PCI slots for up to 200mm boards up to combined 10W
- Other features — Watchdog; LEDs; optional WiFi and 3G modules; 2x SMA antenna connectors; optional wall-mount kit
- DC ATX 72W supply
- 10 to 28VDC input
- [email protected] output
- 10W max. consumption
- Operating temperature — -10 to 55°C (with SSD only)
- IP30-rated aluminum case
- Vibration resistance — 2 Grms with SSD (5-500Hz, X, Y, Z directions)
- OVP, OCP, and SCP protection
- EN60950 certified
- Dimensions — 230 x 192 x 130.8mm
- Weight — 4.1 k
- Operating system — Linux, Windows Embedded Standard 7/8S
Axiomtek’s eBOX638-840-FL will be available in early March. More information may be found at the company’s eBOX638-840-FL product page.