Axiomtek’s latest rugged box computer runs Linux on a quad-core Intel Atom E3845 with 8GB of DDR3L, and supports dual displays and extended temperatures.
The fanless eBOX620-841-FL follows a long line of Linux-ready Axiomtek eBOX computers, including last year’s eBOX660-872-FL, which supported 3rd Generation Intel Core processors. This time around, Axiomtek takes the latest, 22nm Intel Atom E3845 SoC out for a spin, bringing with it four 1.91GHz processor cores and a 10W TDP.
eBOX620-841-FL, front and back
(click images to enlarge)
The 7.87 x 4.72 x 2.2-inch eBOX620-841-FL features an IP40-rated, aluminum cold-rolled steel enclosure that protects against vibration of up to 3 Grms when using only CFast solid-state storage, says Axiomtek. The device supports -20 to 60°C temperature operation, and offers over-voltage protection (OVP), over-current protection (OCP, and short-circuit protection (SCP), says the company. Applications are said to include digital signage, transportation, POS, kiosks, industrial control automation, and medical equipment.
eBOX620-841-FL front port detail
(click image to enlarge)
The eBOX620-841-FL supports up to 8GB DDR3L 1066/1333MHz RAM. It’s equipped with a 2.5-inch SATA HDD bay, as well as CFast and mSATA sockets for storage. Dual gigabit Ethernet ports are supplied along with optional WiFi and GPS modules. The computer provides dual mini-PCI Express slots, a SIM card socket, and three SMA-type antenna openings.
eBOX620-841-FL rear port detail
(click image to enlarge)
Dual display support is provided with the available HDMI and VGA ports. Other ports include four USB 2.0 ports (but no 3.0 support), as well as a pair of RS-232/422/485 ports and a pair of RS-232 ports. The system is further equipped with audio I/O, plus 8-channel, programmable DI/DO for connecting sensors or surveillance cameras, says Axiomtek.
Summary of eBOX620-841-FL specs
Specifications listed for the eBOX620-841-FL include:
- Processor — Intel Atom E3845 (4x x86 cores @ 1.91GHz)
- Memory — up to 8GB DDR3L 1066/1333 SDRAM via 1x SODIMM
- SATA 2.0 HDD drive bay
- CFast socket
- mSATA socket
- Optional SATA HDDs (40GB+)or SSDs (4GB+)
- VGA, up to 2560×1536 at 24-bit
- HDMI port
- Dual display support
- Networking — 2x gigabit Ethernet ports
- Other I/O:
- 4x USB 2.0 ports
- 2x RS-232/422/485 ports
- 2x RS-232 ports
- 3.5mm audio line-in, line-out
- 8-bit DI/DO
- Expansion — 2x Mini-PCIe slots (1x half- and 1x full-length) with USB and PCIe signals; SIM slot
- Other features — Watchdog; LEDs; optional WiFi and GPS modules; 3x SMA antenna connectors optional wall-mount kit
- Power — AC 90-264V, AC 60W input adapter; VDC 12V input and output; ATX switch
- Operating temperature — -20 to 60°C (with SSD only)
- IP40-rated aluminum extrusion and heavy-duty steel
- Vibration resistance — 3 Grms w/ CFast (5-500Hz, X, Y, Z directions)
- OVP, OCP, and SCP protection
- Dimensions — 200 x 120 x 56mm (7.87 x 4.72 x 2.2 in.)
- Weight — 2 k (4.41 lbs)
- Operating system — Linux, Windows Embedded Standard 7/8
No pricing or availability information was provided for the eBOX620-841-FL More information may be found in Axiomtek’s eBOX620-841-FL product page.