Seco unveiled a Pico-ITX SBC with an Atom E3800 SoC and featuring SATA, dual display, and dual GbE ports, mini-PCIe, and industrial temperature operation.
Like Seco’s recent μQ7-BT-J Qseven module, the new SECOpITX-BT SBC supports Intel’s Atom E3800 system-on-chips. In this case, you can run Linux or Windows on the full product range, from the single-core, 1.46GHz Atom E3815 (5W TDP) to the quad-core, 1.91GHz E3845 (10W). There are also a number of dual-core options including the fairly new 1.33GHz E3805 model, which lacks a GPU or support for Intel Burst mode or Hyper-Treading, and runs at a low 3 Watts.
When equipped with the Atom E3805, the SECOpITX-BT is ideal for “headless applications and IIoT smart gateways,” says Seco. Otherwise, the SBC, which supports -40 to 85°C temperatures, is designed for industrial and automotive applications in harsh environments, says the company.
Like the Congatec Conga-PA3 and Kontron pITX-E38, the 100 x72mm SECOpITX-BT complies with the Pico-ITX standard. The board supports up to 8GB of DDR3L RAM, as well as an optional eMMC disk of unstated capacity. A microSD slot and SATA connector are also available.
(click image to enlarge)
The SECOpITX-BT features two gigabit Ethernet ports, as well as a SIM card slot for potential wireless support. An HDMI port is provided, along with internal LVDS and VGA/RGB interfaces, and dual displays are possible.
The SBC provides two coastline USB 3.0 ports, as well as three more USB 2.0 interfaces. There’s also audio I/O onboard, as well as an RS-232/422/485 and a mini-PCIe slot. An expansion connector is also provided.
Specifications listed for the SECOpITX-BT Pico-ITX board include:
- Processor — Intel Atom E3800 (Bay Trail-I), Intel HD Graphics
- Up to 8GB DDR3L-1333 RAM via single SODIMM
- Optional eMMC flash
- SATA connector
- MicroSD slot
- HDMI 1.4 port up to 1920 x 1080
- LVDS interface (18/24-bit, single/dual channel) up to 1920 x 1200
- CRT/VGA interface up to 2560 x 1600 (requires ext. adapter module)
- Dual independent display support
- Networking — 2x gigabit Ethernet ports
- Other I/O:
- 2x USB 3.0 ports
- 3x USB 2.0 (2x on headers, 1x on mini-PCIe)
- RS-232/422/485 interface
- HD analog audio interfaces (line-out, mic-in)
- SIM card slot
- Front header expansion connector
- Expansion — Half-size mini-PCIe slot
- Power — 12V DC supply
- Operating temperature — -40 to 85°C
- Dimensions — 100 x 72mm; Pico-ITX form-factor
- Operating system — Linux; Windows 7/8, WES7/8
The SECOpITX-BT is “coming soon” at an unannounced price. More information may be found at the SECOpITX-BT product page.