Logic Supply unveiled a tiny, Intel NUC based “CL100” mini-PC that runs Ubuntu on a quad-core “Braswell” Celeron N3150, and has no vents or moving parts.
Like Logic Supply’s rugged ML100 mini-PC, the CL100 is based on a fanless, Intel NUC design that runs Ubuntu Linux or Windows on a quad-core Intel Celeron processor. Yet, the CL100 is considerably smaller at 117 x 112 x 36.7mm. The computer also advances from a “Bay Trail” Intel Celeron to a 14nm-fabricated. 1.6GHz “Braswell” Celeron N3150 with Intel Gen8 graphics.
Logic Supply CL100
(click images to enlarge)
The CL100 uses Logic Supply’s Hardshell Fanless Technology featuring a rugged, cast aluminum steel chassis, heatsink-based solid state cooling, and a sealed, ventless case for ingress protection. It’s aimed primarily at commercial temperature industrial applications, but with its triple independent display support, it can also be used for applications like home theater and signage. The system is debuting Mar. 16-17 at the Digital Signage Expo in Las Vegas.
The base CL100 system includes 2GB of RAM, expandable to 16GB, and a 32GB mSATA SSD expandable to 512GB. A GbE port is available along with a mini-PCIe slot for wireless expansion, backed up by dual antenna holes. For displays, you get dual HDMI ports and a DisplayPort.
CL100 rear ports
(click image to enlarge)
The system is equipped with a USB Type C port as well as three USB 3.0 ports and an audio jack. The 12V system consumes less than 15 Watts, and runs within a 0 to 40°C range, says Logic Supply
Specifications listed for the CL-100, also referred to as the CL100-10, include:
- Processor — Intel Celeron N3150 (4x Braswell cores @ 1.6GHz (2.08GHz burst); 2MB L2 cache; 6W TDP (4W SDP); Intel Gen8 HD graphics
- Memory — 2GB to 16GB DDR3L (1600MHz) RAM via 2x SODIMMs
- Storage — mSATA with 32GB SSD upgradable to a max of 512GB
- 2x HDMI ports
- Triple independent display support
- Optional 15-, 17-, and 19-inch touchscreens
- Networking — Gigabit Ethernet port (Realtek RT8111G)
- Other I/O:
- USB Type C port (front-facing)
- 3x USB 3.0 ports (1x front-facing)
- Audio speaker/min jack
- Expansion — Mini-PCIe half-height slot
- Other features — IR sensor; 2x antenna holes; DIN- and wall-mountable; rubber feet; customization services
- Power — 12V DC jack; less than 15W consumption
- Operating temperature — 0 to 40°C
- EMI and ESD shielding
- Ventless, sealed enclosure
- Cast aluminum and nickel plated steel case
- Dimensions — 117 x 112 x 36.7mm
- Operating system — Ubuntu Linux; Windows
The CL100 will be available beginning in May, starting at $359 with 2GB of RAM, 32GB mSATA SSD, and a standard one-year warranty. More information may be found at the CL-100 product page. Logic Supply will unveil the CL100 at Digital Signage Expo in Las Vegas, Nevada, on Mar. 16-17 at the Las Vegas Convention Center, booth #2940. Demos can be scheduled here.