Axiomtek’s eBOX560-880-FL is a compact embedded PC with a choice of Intel Haswell dual-core SoCs, plus temperature, vibration, and IP40 ingress protection.
Axiomtek’s latest eBox, which follows recent eBOX660-872-FL (Ivy Bridge Core) and eBOX620-841-FL (Atom E3845) models, once again taps Intel processors with Linux support. The eBOX560-880-FL lets you choose between two dual-core processors, each with 15 Watt TDPs and 200MHz Intel HD Graphics 4400 GPUs. You can select either the 1.6GHz Celeron 2980U or Core i5-4300U (Haswell ULT) clocked at 1.9GHz. There was no mention of support for the latter chip’s 2.9GHz turbo mode.
eBOX560-880-FL, front and rear views
(click images to enlarge)
The 5.6 x 4.2 x 2.2-inch box computer has a rugged aluminum, cold-rolled steel enclosure with IP40 ingress protection, and can withstand vibrations of up to 3 Grms. Temperature support ranges from -20 to 50°C (-4 to 122°F), says Axiomtek. The fanless computer is designed for space-constrained devices such as passenger information systems, kiosks, entry-level gaming, video surveillance, and other automation and embedded applications, says the company.
The eBOX560-880-FL supports up to 8GB of DDR3L RAM, and has a 2.5-inch SATA bay that supports optional HDDs and SDDs. There’s also an mSATA socket, and a Mini-PCIe slot.
Front (left) and rear facing ports
(click images to enlarge)
The rugged box computer’s HDMI port supports up to 4K2K resolution, and offers dual display support along with the available DisplayPort. Despite the compact size, Axiomtek has squeezed in dual gigabit Ethernet ports, four USB 3.0 ports, plus an RS-232/422/485 and RS-232 port. WiFi with external antenna support is optional, along with various mounting options.
Specifications listed for the eBOX560-880-FL include:
- Processor – Intel Celeron 2980U (2x x86 cores @ 1.6GHz, 2MB cache, 15W TDP) or Intel Core i5-4300U (2x Haswell ULT cores @ 1.9GHz); Intel HD Graphics 4400 @ 200MHz
- Memory — up to 8GB DDR3L-1600 SDRAM via 1x SODIMM
- 2.5-inch SATA HDD bay
- Optional SATA HDDs (40GB+) or SSDs (4GB+)
- mSATA socket
- HDMI port at up to 4K2K
- Dual display support
- Networking — 2x gigabit Ethernet ports
- Other I/O:
- 4x USB 3.0 ports
- RS-232/422/485 port
- RS-232 port
- Expansion — Mini-PCIe slot (full-length) with USB and PCIe signals
- Other features — Watchdog; LEDs; optional WiFi module; 3x SMA antenna connectors; optional VESA wall-mount and DIN-rail kits; reset button
- Power — AC 90-264V, AC 60W adapter with lock; VDC 12V @ 5A input and output; ATX switch
- Operating temperature — -20 to 50°C (with SSD only)
- IP40-rated aluminum extrusion and heavy-duty steel
- Vibration resistance — 3 Grms w/ SSD (5-500Hz, X, Y, Z directions)
- OVP, OCP, ACP protection
- Dimensions — 142 x 106 x 55mm (5.5 x 4.2 x 2.2 in.)
- Weight – 0.8 k (1,76 lbs)
- Operating system — Linux, Windows Embedded Standard 7/8
The eBOX560-880-FL is available now at an unstated price. More information may be found in Axiomtek’s eBOX560-880-FL product page.